2006/05/18

Creative Cheating

I got a chuckle out of this article: "Colleges chase as cheats shift to higher tech"

I recall "snitching" on my classmate who was asking around questions about the comprehensive graduate level tests we had recently taken -- and he took the tests afterward. The teachers confirmed and he had to retake the test.

Now that I think about it, it really was none of my business. If a person insists on cheating, have at it, since at issue is a heart and moral problem not a checking or testing problem.

Just like in the security business, if the attacker is determined, they will "get in." The bar can never be raised high enough -- it's really a matter of how long before they are successful [again].
As a parent, the goal is to raise children with a moral compass, not a desire to get good grades (or "win" the gold stars or promotions) no matter what...