2006/01/31

Primary care danger!

When I first read the title "Primary care about to collapse, physicians warn" I thought yet another babble on why doctors need to be paid more but I do like their directions:
The group has proposed a solution -- calling on federal policymakers to approve new ways of paying doctors that would put primary care doctors in charge of organizing a patient's care and giving patients more responsibility for monitoring their own health and scheduling regular visits.
I believe in personal responsibility and outsourcing as cheaply as possible. I loved it when I saw a late night pharmacist helping out a customer via video phone (at some 24x7 convenience/drug store in Japan). Even most medical equipment and their analysis can be cheaply outsourced with hand attached devices (like ultrasound) which can plug into USB ports of most computers and then have someone in India or China giving live analysis over the internet.