2006/06/15

Home better than Schools

Key words pointed out Gary North's "Why Home Schools Are Superior to Private Schools."

What took Mr. North 20 years to figure out, I had understood for a long time: "true education" = "self-education." Once I have the tools to learn any new subject, I am free and empowered to learn anything I want. That is, the ability to learn empowers a person to be as educated as the person wants!

Other things he writes I agree mostly: going to Christian schools isn't much better than going to public schools since you are taught to follow the authorities [teachers, the state, etc.] rather than the One and Only Authority and to discount all other authorities.

[I'll have to blog about truth without Authority is meaningless: that is, universal, absolute truth cannot come about independent of universal Word and absolute Maker.]